Tuesday, April 2, 2013

36 Hours and Counting...

Tomorrow I return to Copper Mountain to compete in the National Championships.

*deep breath*

I try to whisk myself back to August when I first dreamed of this venture. The idea of competing in the Nationals seemed so out of reach, so daring. Now I'm here. The day after tomorrow I'll be on the course. 

Training didn't go as planned. I signed up for three days and only trained two because of a mild concussion on the second day. If ever I wished I could reverse a crash, it was then. I'd only trained half the course hard. The last half, I haven't tried yet at full speed, but I'll be racing on it whether I like it or not.

God took away the confidence I could have placed in my own training. He reminded me to trust Him, that it's not about my own strength. So I flew home, uncertain and battling nerves.

I don't know what will happen in two days. I've dreamed about it every night since coming home. I dreamed of winning, of placing in the middle, and of forgetting to drive to Colorado (panic!). I'm okay with any outcome. God has changed my life through this process. He's changed Daylen's. He's changed the lives of others. Isn't that what started this? Desire for His glory?

May the glory continue! Watch for a race update soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment