Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tightening the Training

Daylen and I sat down to re-analyze my work-out routine. Our skills combined equal something close to expertise.

He has a physical education degree and understands practically everything about which muscles need to be worked out for which movements and for how long. I grew up as an "assistant coach" to my ski racing older sister, so I know the anatomy of carving, the rules of racing, and the most important factors of a race.
Our resources are still limited to small-town Missouri, but we're not letting that stop us. I've upped Zumba to twice a week and now do pull-ups every day. Daylen is brainstorming a way to create a mock start-gate for me to practice.


It's fun. We are a team. I look forward to getting on the slopes when we go to Wyoming for Christmas. The schedule for my racing is set. First race is in Illinois on January 13th. Am I nervous? Sometimes. Am I excited? YES! I force myself to await our trip to Wyoming for Christmas when I will hit the slopes and tackle the holes in my bravery.

Daylen and I watched the entire hour and a half of the 2010 Vancouver Olympic women's boardercross races. He took notes. I just drooled. I decided it's a requirement that I watch these races every time I'm about to race. They leave me with inspiration, determination, and overwhelming excitement when I think of God taking me there! To bring you into some of this excitement with me, here is a clip of the women's boardercross final in the 2006 Olympics--the first Olympics of the boardercross sport.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for creating this inspirational new blog, Nadine. You are really a miracle in progress. Thanks a bunch for providing some hope for those of us with less faith and perseverance!

    ReplyDelete