Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hole Shot Tour: Day 2

The second day of training inevitably leaves me on the brink of race day. Today I learned an important lesson after a particularly hard crash.....
...those two rollers I was trying to gap? Well....I shouldn't try to gap them (it's okay if this doesn't make sense to you). Just another moment of accepting a weakness. I can't do what everyone else is doing (aka. gapping the rollers). When I get intense air, I'm in less control. The more I stay on the ground, the better. Once I understood this, God gave me a crash-less run. 

Today I was Gideon with a small army.
I was Caleb, unafraid of the enemy (i.e. competitors)
I was Joshua looking foolish boarding with the professionals.
But I was His. I am His.

Peace came today, despite my crashes and my speed checks. I'm nervous about tomorrow, but not afraid. I'll be racing 25 other women. Only the top 16 move on to the finals. I'm not in my own bracket this time. And that's okay.

Until tomorrow, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment