Monday, January 28, 2013

Hole Shot Tour: Day 4

The Hole Shot Tour reaches a close (for me, anyway). My qualification run went well. I was pleased with my performance even though I placed 17th. I missed moving on to the finals by one place, but I was okay with that. This experience taught me a lot about God's faithfulness, my husband's faithfulness, and my own weakness.

I've seen where I need to grow. I've seen a glimpse of what God asks from me. He doesn't want me to play things safe. There's no risk in that, which means there's really no faith in that. When I fully trust Him, with my safety, with my score, and with my pain, I see Him clearly. 

Next race is next weekend in Raging Buffalo (the ant hill). It's easy for me to feel like laughing at the small course I'll be tackling after four days at Copper Mountain, but it's still learning. It's still my road to the National Championships. God uses the small things. Raging Buffalo is one of them. I am another.

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you! Faith and Trust are two very big words. You do them proud. An inspiration to all who desire to grow in those two areas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL!!! EXCITING!!!! You Go GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete